Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari
Yoga Foundation (50 Hours)
Yoga is a an invaluable gift of ancient Indian tradition, Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between mind body, thought and action, restraint and fulfillment, harmony between man and nature and a holistic approach to health and well being. Yoga has attracted global attention in recent years; the awareness about yoga practice is increasing among people from different walks of life not only for preservation and promotion of health, but also for the management of various diseases.
In this short part-time course, we are introducing the basic concept of yoga and yogic practices as a science of holistic living and wellness. During the course the students will be taught the basic concept of Yoga and Yogic practices for wellness. This is a basic course in Yoga. This course is needed for all other courses.
Name of the Course : Yoga Foundation (50 Hours) Certificate Course
Aim : The aim of the course is to introduce the fundamental principles and practices of Yoga for Health, Harmony and Peace.
- To introduce basic wellness principles and yogic practices for common people.
- To Introduce fundamental principles and practices of Yoga for health living.
- To promote Yoga for disease prevention and health promotion as an approach to holistic living.
Eligibility : anybody physically and mentally fit above 18 years
Course Duration – 50 Hrs.
- One Week Residential
- One month (four weeks) Two/ two and half hrs daily for 25 or 20 days.
- Two months –Eight weeks – three days in week 2 hrs each.
- Three months – Twelve weeks – two days in week 2 hrs each.
Course Timings – preferably in the morning or evening hours, however timings can be changed as per the convenience of the Institute and theory classes may also be conducted in weekends.
Health Criteria –
- No person with acute/ chronic communicable disease is allowed to take admission to the course.
- Participants should understand the body has limitations; everybody cannot do / need not do all Asanas. Do not over-exert. Do it depending upon your capacities.
Fee – please inquire at the office.
Medium of Instruction – English / if instructions are needed in any other languages please ask for availability of instructor.
Attendance – 80 % attendance is essential to get participation certificate.
Dress Code –
- T shirt and track pants or loose Kurta –Payajama for Men, T Shirt and track pants or Shalwar-Kameej for ladies.
- Participants should bring their Yoga mat, Small Towel/ napkin, Water bottle, Note book and pen.
- Participants have to submit filled up form along with fee.
- Full fee should be paid at the time of Admission; fee is not refundable / not transferable.
Syllabus – Theory 14 Hours (preferably ½ hrs per lecture) – Practice- (36 Hrs)
- Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practice
- Introduction to Sukshma Vyayama
- Surya Namaskara Technique and Benefits
- Yogasana, sequencing of Asana, Principles, salient features, alignment etc. Health benefits of Asanas
- Pranayama – Mechanism of Breathing, Principles and types of pranayama, Health benefits of Asanas
- Bandha and Mudara – technique and their role
- Dhyana – techniques leading to Dhyana. –Meditation.
- Concept of wellness and well- being
- Astanga Yoga of Patanjali – Introduction and main features
- Yogic concept of Ahara (Diet and Nutrition)
- Yogic Life style –Ahar, vihar, achar and Vichar
- Yogic attitude- Maitri, Kauna, Mudita and Upeksha – Practice for Mental well-being
- Role of Yama and Niyama for psychological well-being.
- Practice- (36 Hrs)
- Sukshma Vyayama (at least 15 types,
- Yogic Shat karma (Sodhan Kriya)Kapala Bhati, Neti, Dhouti, Agnisara
- Yogasana –four types (Minimum 15 Asanas)
- Pranayama – at least 6 types
- Bandha & Mudra – at leat 6 types
- Dhyana – Practice leading to Dhyana.
For more information Please fill-up the form
VIVEKANANDA KENDRA101,201 & 207 SRK Apts 8-3-319/1 Yellareddyguda Opp.Madhura Nagar Metro Station Gate -B Hyderabad- 500 073 Phone No. 9440761066/ 9443013102 email – email@example.com
Vivekananda Kendra –Kaushalam
(Yoga-Vedanta Retreat Center for Human Excellence)
E mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph- Resident Manager +919052702940
(it is located other side of Taramati baradari-Golkonda fort , about 3 Km from Sun-city, 9 Km from Mehadipattanam, 12 Km from High-tech city)